Please feel free to submit your Radiance materials or visual material measurements to be archived on this website. There is no submission form yet, but all inquiries and submissions can be directed to Alstan Jakubiec via e-mail to email@example.com. Full attribution, a link to your website and commentary of your choice can be included along with the material information. While we prefer submissions to be in a CSV format file like this exemplar, we are able to handle alternative formats such as a RAD file containing materials. Note that in the CSV template, missing fields can be left in place, and we will fill in appropriate information such as conversion into the L*a*b* color space.
Practitioners, researchers, manufacturers and students are encourages to submit materials.
Public database extracts will be published on the website periodically to guard against its potential closure in the future. The hosting and maintainence of the website is fully supported by the Design for Climate and Comfort Lab at the Singapore University of Technology and Design for the forseeable future.
We archive the following information in the database,
- Material name
- Architectural object type such as walls, ceilings, floors, furniture, etc.
- Radiance material type such as plastic, trans, metal, bsdf, etc.
- Measurement location name, latitude and longitude
- Total visible reflectance, specularity and roughness as weighted per the visible spectrum according to the CIE standard observer.
- Total transmittance, specular transmittance and diffuse transmittance for translucent materials.
- Measurement type employed. For example, a spectrophotometer measurement includes full spectral information; however, a reflectance value based on luminance and illuminance measurements will not have any associated color information. In addition, the material could be theoretical and not based on a measurement.
- Color information in L*a*b*, RGB and hexadecimal formats
- Full spectral information where aquired with applicable measurement techniques. Both Specular Component Included (SCI) and Specular Componenet Excluded (SCE) are included if available.
- Associated CAL, DAT and BSDF files. Many materials require associated datafiles which are archived by the website's backend.
- Rendered and photographic views of the material. Rendered views are automatically created for inclusion in the database, but different, custom visualizations can be included.
- Radiance-format material definition
- Creator's name and URL for attribution link
- Provided descriptive comments